Sooke Family Resource Society Links:
New! Parents MUST book in advance to attend.
- Book up to 48 hours in advance
- Only one adult can accompany child(ren)
- Adult must wear mask at all times
- Families may only attend/book one inside day per week maximum
Strong Start is a free program where children aged 0-5, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, can participate in organized sessions which include play activities, circle time, snack time, and activities that help develop gross motor skills.
成人抖音Participants must bring their child’s birth certificate or passport to register.
Strong Start is offered at the following schools: (Click on the school to see schedule and location information)
Colwood Elementary -
- Monday, Friday 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (outdoors)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00– 11:00 a.m. (indoors)
3000 Wishart Road, Victoria, BC V9C 1P4
Hans Helgesen Elementary -
- Tuesday 9 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday 1 – 3 p.m.
4983 Rocky Point Road. Victoria, BC V9C 4G4
成人抖音 (250) 478-3431
John Muir Elementary -
- Monday, Thursday 9 – 11 a.m. (indoors)
- Wednesday, Friday 9 – 11 a.m. (outdoors)
- Tuesday 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. (outdoors)
7179 West Coast Road, Sooke, BC V9Z 0R7
成人抖音 (250) 642-5427
Ruth King Elementary -
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 9 – 11 a.m. (indoors)
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9 – 11 a.m. (outdoors)
2764 Jacklin Road, Victoria, BC V9B 3X6
成人抖音 (250) 478-8368
Millstream Elementary -
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday 9 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday 9 – 11 a.m.
626 Hoylake Road, Victoria, BC V9B 3P7
成人抖音 (250) 478-8348
Willway Elementary -
- Monday, Friday, 9:15 – 11:15 a.m. (outdoors)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:15 – 11:15 a.m. (indoors)
2939 Mt. Wells Drive, Victoria, BC V9B 4T4
成人抖音 (250) 478-1213
Port Renfrew Elementary - no booking
- Fridays 12 noon – 3 p.m.
6633 Deering Road, Port Renfrew, BC V0S 1K0
Ready, Set, Learn!
Note: Due to COVID-19, Our Ready, Set, Learn events will not be happening in the 2020/21 school year.
Ready, Set, Learn! is an early learning program designed to welcome three-year-olds and their families to the school system. Ready, Set, Learn! events include information for parents and caregivers about local resources, play opportunities for children and other activities that promote learning in the early years. These events are held twice annually in SD62.
Ready, Set, Read!
成人抖音Ready, Set, Read! is an evening program for children birth through 5 years old. Facilitated by Strong Start coordinators, this event is a fun and free evening for children and their families.
Play games, enjoy snacks and listen to a few delightful stories and songs. Running shoes suggested, wear pajamas if you like!
成人抖音This great event is offered at each elementary school in SD62.
Roots of Empathy
Note: Due to COVID-19, our Roots of Empathy program will not be happening in the 2020/21 school year.
Are you a proud parent with a new baby?
Will your baby be 2 - 4 months old in October?