To register, children must turn five years of age by December 31 in the same calendar year that they begin school.
How to register:
1. Read the Registration Guide to make sure you have the required documents ready to upload during registration. After uploading, please present original documents to your French Immersion school once registration has been confirmed by the school. We will accept original documents only – no exceptions. Students will not be officially registered until all documentation has been received.
2. Online at .
Registration for the 2020 - 2021 school year:
JANUARY 13 – JANUARY 17, 2020
Beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Lottery system for kindergarten registration
Due to high demand for kindergarten French Immersion, if a school receives more registrations per category of enrolment priority than the number of available seats, a lottery will take place. The lottery will follow the Student Enrolment Priorities and students will be placed in the order in which they are drawn.
Example: a school has 40 available seats.
– 20 catchment area children with a sibling in the school apply,
– 10 catchment area children apply, and
– 15 non-catchment children apply.
成人抖音The 20 catchment area children with siblings in the schools will be placed, followed by the 10 catchment area children. A lottery will take place for the 15 non-catchment children for the remaining 10 seats.
成人抖音A wait list will be established according to the lottery. The lottery process will be based on a school-by-school basis.
Student Enrolment Priorities
- re-enrolling students
- a catchment area child who has a sibling currently attending the school
- a catchment area child
- a non-catchment child who has a sibling currently attending the school
- a non-catchment child
- a non-school district child
These enrolment priorities apply to all new registrations and transfer requests.
Twins: In the event of a draw, one ballot will be entered into the draw for families with twins. If drawn, both twins will be offered placement in the program at the same school.
Visit the Kindergarten成人抖音 page for more information and to see our SD62 Registration Guide.
New immigrant families (permanent residents, refugees or those on work/study permit or diplomatic visas):
成人抖音Please contact the SD62 International Office at 250-474-9818 or in person at 200-814 Goldstream Avenue before completing the online registration.
Frequently Asked Questions